NSF/DOE Sponsorship through the American Physical Society
These conferences are supported in part by the National Science Foundation (PHY-1346627) and by the Department of Energy Office of Science (DE-SC0011076). Further details are available on the APS conference website.
Many departments and organizations at the University of Mississippi have given generous financial support to the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics at the University of Mississippi. These sponsors are listed below.
- Department of Physics, Chair: Lucien Cremaldi.
- Office of Research and Special Programs, Vice Chancellor for Research and Special Programs: Alice Clark.
- Sally McDonell Barksdale Honors College, Dean: Douglass Sullivan-Gonzalez
- The Graduate School, Dean: John Kiss.
- National Center for Physical Acoustics, Director: Joseph Gladden.
- LIGO team at UM, PI: Marco Cavaglia.
- Multi-Cultural Affairs, Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Multicultural Affairs: Don Cole.
Organization of the APSCUWiP at UM is led by a local organizing committee at the University of Mississippi with support from Rhodes College.